cg3 is a Kingspan KoolDuct System Delivery Partner, appointed by Kingspan Insulation in 2015.
Operating across the UK and Ireland, we specialize in the design and supply of ductwork fabricated from The Kingspan KoolDuct® System. We are able to supply The Kingspan KoolDuct® System as:
- A fully engineered and bespoke air-distribution ductwork system designed and built to meet the exacting requirements of mechanical and HVAC specifications; or
- Pre-fabricated stock ductwork sections and fittings in pre-set dimensions, off-the-shelf and ready-to-go, for ventilation and air-conditioning applications.
We aim to deliver:
- fast, accurate fabrication;
- superior workmanship; and
- a professional service that goes beyond just ductwork.
- DUCTWORK DESIGN – preparation of drawings using the latest 3D CAD technology from Map.
- DUCTWORK FABRICATION – using the latest technology in CNC blade machinery for high precision automated fabrication.
- DUCTWORK SUPPLY – pre-fabricated to a pre-determined specification and available either ready to install or in flat-pack form ready for assembly onsite.
- DUCTWORK INSTALLATION – using highly skilled and experienced labor for fast installation and superior quality workmanship.
The Kingspan KoolDuct® System
Cutting energy use | Cutting operational CO2 emissions | Cutting costs | Cutting edge
What is The Kingspan KoolDuct® System?
The Kingspan KoolDuct® System comprises premium performance Kingspan KoolDuct® panels, fabrication methods, coupling systems and a complete line of accessories to produce pre–insulated rectangular ductwork in sections up to 2.9 m long.
Kingspan KoolDuct® panels are available in a thickness of 30 mm or 22mm. They comprise a fibre-free rigid thermoset phenolic insulation core faced either with silver aluminium foil on both sides, or silver aluminium foil on one side and black coated aluminium foil on the other.
What’s Different about The Kingspan KoolDuct® System?
The Kingspan KoolDuct® System offers numerous benefits in comparison with insulated galvanised sheet steel, fibre glass duct board and pre–insulated rigid polyisocyanurate (PIR) ductwork systems. Benefits include:
- UL Listed
- Low weight
- Faster installation speeds
- Space saving
- Installed cost savings
- Low air-leakage
- Reduced HVAC energy usage and running costs
- Flexibility to easily modify and adapt configurations
- Whole life cost saving
- Reduced operational CO2 emissions
- Reduced workshop generated waste
- Fibre-free rigid insulation core
- Zero Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP) & Low Global Warming Potential (GWP) blowing agent
- Lower embodied environmental impact
- BREEAM 2011 credit contributions
UL LISTED – the first premium performance pre–insulated ductwork in the world to be UL Listed as a Class 1 Air Duct, to Standard for Safety UL 181 (Underwriters Laboratories: Factory Made Air Ducts & Air Connectors), when fabricated to a specification clearly defined by UL.
LOW WEIGHT – weighs up to 75% less than ductwork constructed from galvanised sheet
- steel and insulated with mineral fibre – this makes it ideal for refurbishment projects, where existing building structures have insufficient load capacities for new service loads.
- FASTER INSTALLATION SPEEDS – low weight ductwork fabricated in sections up to 3.93 m long, single–fix installation and no need to install insulation as a second operation, reduces project scheduling periods for insulated ductwork.
- SPACE SAVING – typically saves up to 150–200 mm in a single dimension, since the space required to manually install a separate layer of insulation around the ductwork is eliminated – this allows ductwork to be installed flush to ceilings, walls and floors, as well as to surfaces within confined enclosures.
- INSTALLED COST SAVINGS – reduced labour and materials, including fixings and first level support members, can provide an ideal value engineered ductwork solution without compromising performance.
- LOW AIR–LEAKAGE – rates can be reduced to a fraction of those typical of rectangular sheet metal ductwork.
- REDUCED ENERGY USAGE AND RUNNING COSTS – low ductwork air–leakage can yield significant electrical consumption savings because of reduced heating and cooling loads, and fan energy usage.
- FLEXIBILITY – ductwork configurations can be easily modified and adapted onsite to deal with unexpected changes to the design, which may be required to circumvent unforeseen obstructions and other building design issues.
- WHOLE LIFE COST SAVING – up to 20% over 30 years, compared with ductwork constructed from galvanised sheet steel and insulated with mineral fibre.
- LOW EMBODIED ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT – up to 65% less than that of rock mineral fibre insulated galvanised sheet steel ductwork.
- LOWER EMBODIED ENERGY – up to 27% less than that of fibre glass insulated galvanised sheet steel ductwork.
- REDUCED OPERATIONAL CARBON DIOXIDE (CO2) EMISSIONS – as a result of low ductwork air–leakage, and the subsequent reduction in operational energy use.
- REDUCED WORKSHOP–GENERATED WASTE – computer aided fabrication can greatly reduce the volume of waste, compared with manual fabrication.
- A FIBRE-FREE RIGID INSULATION CORE – minimises the risk of loose fibres entering the airstream through the ductwork, since distributed air does not come into contact with an insulation material that produces loose fibres.
- ZERO-ODP & LOW GWP – The insulation core of Kingspan KoolDuct® panels is manufactured with a CFC/HCFC–free blowing agent that has zero Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP) and low Global Warming Potential (GWP).
- BREEAM 2011 – ductwork fabricated from The Kingspan KoolDuct® System can contribute directly and indirectly, toward the achievement of credits in the 2011 version of the building rating system, BREEAM. The relevant credits are ‘Mat 4 – Insulation’ and ‘Ene1 – Reduction of CO2 emissions’.
Kingspan Insulation Ltd is part of the Kingspan Group plc, one of Europe’s leading construction product manufacturers. The Kingspan Group was formed in the late 1960s and is a publicly quoted group of companies headquartered in Kingscourt, County Cavan, Ireland.
Kingspan Insulation is a market leading manufacturer of optimum, premium and high performance rigid insulation products and insulated systems for building fabric and building services applications.
Kingspan Insulation Ltd has a vast product range. Kingspan Insulation Ltd products are suitable for both new build and refurbishment in a variety of applications within both domestic and non-domestic buildings.
- Pre–Insulated Ductwork
- Pitched Roofs
- Flat Roofs
- Green Roofs
- Cavity Walls
- Solid Walls
- Timber and Steel Framing
- Insulated Cladding Systems
- Insulated Render Systems
- Insulated Dry–Lining
- Tapered Roofing Systems
- Cavity Closers
- Structurally Insulated Panels (SIPS)
Manufacturing excellence, first class customer service and unrivalled expertise in meeting the needs of the market are just some of the many strengths that Kingspan Insulation offers to designers, architects, engineers and contractors.
Further information can be found at: www.kingspaninsulation.com.
® Kingspan, KoolDuct and the Lion Device are Registered Trademarks of the Kingspan Group plc